Canada Bread Company is making its new home in the City of Hamilton, Ontario on the Mountain: link to article in the Hamilton Spectator
Don’t have time to read the article? Here are my takeaways:
- Canada Bread company, a division of Maple Leaf Foods is consolidating and relocating three bakery plants to build one plant in the Red Hill Business Park
- Job creation: 120 construction jobs plus 300 manufacturing jobs once the plant is completed
- the location is south of where the “Linc” and the Red Hill Valley Expressway meet on the Hamilton mountain (map: http://www.investinhamilton.ca/images/stories/pdf/BusinessParkOverview2008.pdf)
- That’s a lot of jobs and inmigration to be expected for the Hamilton mountain, starter single family homes anyone?Â Don’t people typically rent when they are new to a community?
- Plant completion is expected next year but i’ll keep an eye on things.