Hello Real Estate Investors in Hamilton Ontario!!
Did you know 80% of Financial Advisers (aka mutual fund sales people) invest in real estate? What you say? 80%??! I thought the same thing when you consider how many people I know invest in mutual funds compared to real estate… How did I find out? Well, I was taking a REIN member out for an education tour of Hamilton and she happens to work for one of the major Canadian financial institutions where three years ago, she worked on a special project to audit their financial advisers. You see, financial advisers must disclose to their employers what businesses and investments they own outside of their employer’s investment products and lo and behold, 80% of them hold rental properties in their portfolios. I guess us real estate investors must be doing something right… Just some food for thought….
Speaking of investing in real estate, I had the pleasure of watching Julie Broad of Rev N You speak about the benefits of joint venturing in real estate investing. What Julie and her husband Dave have been doing is they present opportunities to silent money partners to invest in real estate. All the money partner has to do is qualify for the mortgage and they typically benefit from 50% ownership in the property without lifting a finger. Unfortunately, you the real estate expert will have to lift a finger but at least you own the other 50% of the property without having a down payment. But where do you find these money partners and how do you present these opportunities? Go and learn from Julie and Dave! They transact on an average of one property per month with a JV partner and they are teaching their systems in Toronto later this month. Here’s what it’s all about:
Can you relate to any/all of the following?
- Getting out there speaking to others about real estate investing excites you AND terrifies you, AND you have no idea where to start.
- When you do speak with people about real estate they sound interested but it never goes anywhere.
- You think you have to know people with money for this to work.
- You just want a proven framework to follow and a little help putting it into practice to get rolling.
- You hate asking people for money.
If any of this rings true, then this one day will help you smash through your raising-money barriers and help you to enjoy speaking with prospects instead of dreading speaking to them!
PLUS – just for this workshop we’ve added an additional 1/2 day bonus to help get a better understanding of Joint Venture Partnerships (how to structure them, the documents involved and where you’ll find them).
In the main day of the workshop:
Attendees will walk away with:
- Your No Cold Call Leads List.
- The words to get the meeting to discuss your deals (and the secret you have to know to make sure you DO get a meeting!).
- How to present your deals with out being “salesy” and without feeling like you’re asking for money.
- No pressure persuasion tactics: How to create intrigue and interest without pressuring them at all.
- Your prospective joint venture presentation – practiced and polished.
- The exact language and structure we use to attract our IDEAL Joint Venture Partners to our deals, with less hassle and little follow up.
- The CONFIDENCE that comes with being READY!
Sound like something you would be interested in? Then click here.
Hope that helps!
Till next blog post – happy investing everyone!!
Erwin | MrHamilton.ca
PS: If you would an on-the-ground tour of Hamilton and select investment properties please let me know (email Maria and she’ll set it up: Maria (at) MrHamilton.ca)
PPS: sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss out out on what’s going on in Hamilton!!