I hope there are more of you now after that excellent bus tour of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge (KWC) and more importantly Hamilton Ontario 🙂
This is how REIN positioned the field trip:
How a Simple Luxury Bus Ride Can Help You Accomplish More In A Single Day For Your Real Estate Investing Than You Could Do in an Entire Month On Your Own
I couldn’t agree more. In working with a team of experts including a quality Realtor, they will be able to guide a novice Hamilton investor towards the good areas where you can find nice homes in nice neighbourhoods to attract nice tenants. That may have been why I was asked to participate on the tour and speak to Hamilton.
I had the pleasure of riding on bus 4, speaking to a bus full of investors about economic fundamentals, neighbourhoods and investment strategies in Hamilton. The bus route included visits to: the West Harbour, Westdale, MacMaster University, the West Mountain, the Ancaster Power Center, the Link, the Red Hill Industrial Park, the Power Center on the East Mountain/Stoney Creek
A couple highlights of the tour:
- Lunch at the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce on a beautiful day overlooking the harbour where we were greeted by Neil Everson, the Economic Development Officer of Hamilton
- Driving through Westdale and McMaster looking at student rentals
- Looking at the new CANMET site at McMaster Innovation park that will house 120 employees coming from Ottawa
- Driving on the roads that will someday be LRT tracks
- The two power centers in Ancaster and Stoney Creek – the significance is the businesses like Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Costco, Silvercity, they all invest 10’s of millions in the area so do you think they’ve done some due diligence and understand economic fundamentals? You bet!
- Checking out the empty lot that will be the home of Canada Bread Company
- The EDO on our bus also mentioned that all the lots are sold but the city is in negotiation with the area farmers to purchase even more land
All in all a great day! If you would like to learn more about investing in Hamilton please feel free to drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Till next time – Your Life, Your Terms