Hello Everyone Investing in Hamilton Real Estate!
Did you hear the latest?!
The New Housing Price Index (NHPI) roseÂ 0.3% in August, largely a result of higher new home prices in Ontario.
The census metropolitan area (CMA) of Hamilton recorded the largest price increase in August, upÂ 0.8%. Builders cited market conditions as the primary reason for the advance, the largest in that CMA since AprilÂ 2013. Prices in Hamilton have been rising for four consecutive months.
Significantly higher price increases over the provincial average due to market conditions (aka supply and heavy demand) and above that of Toronto’s 0.6% (source and complete article here). Â I don’t know about you but I’d recommend investing in a piece of Hamilton real estate…
We Fed 150 Families!!! Hamilton Basket Brigade
Mission accomplished! 150 families in need hadÂ a Thanksgiving dinner thanks to the Hamilton Basket Brigade. Â When I started this initiative I wanted to inspire people to do the same, to give back to the community.
There were some bumps along the way (as weÂ quadrupled the size of our operation since Christmas 2014) but we will iron those out for next time, and the important thing is everyone had a great time.
I want to thank all the donors and volunteers.Â This was a team effort and without you we are nothing.
Special thanks to:
- James Maggs, Roger Auger, Steve & Jelena, and for each donating $1,000 (Cherry and Erwin Szeto also donated $1,000)
- Fabian for donating 50 cases of mangoes and helping us to shop at the Toronto Food Terminal so we could save substantially on food costs
- The Friday shopping crew for delivering all the food you see in the pictures to the staging area
- Melrose United Church for donating the use of the facility
- Vendors: Sweet Paradise for the pies, Nickel Brook Beers for the boxes
- Finally and most importantly, the back bone of our operation, our Chief Trouble Maker who makes us double in size each event, Maria Marcuzzi. Â Maria didn’t sleep for two days leading up to brigade day to ensure operation perfection.Â She thinks big and aims high, how we got here is a minor miracle.
I (Erwin) am also happy to announce the starting of the Mr. Hamilton Charity Foundation brought to you by my wife Cherry and I. Â The foundation will serve two purposes:
- To legitimize our charity so we may issue our donors tax receipts
- To invest a portion of the donations and the monies earned will go towards spending on events such as the Hamilton Basket Brigade.
Our 12 month goal will be to raise $10,000 to invest in private mortgages for double digit returns and Cherry and I will make an initial donation of $5,000.
And if you too want to do something good for the soul then please sign up below and we’ll keep you posted on developments for our next Hamilton Basket Brigade
If you want to help aside from volunteering and donating we could use your help growing our business because as our business grows, these events will grow. We are in need of investment properties for our numerous qualified buyers so if you know anyone from work, your neighbours, friends/family etc, please let us know.
And finally, “be the change you want to see in the world.” ~Gandhi
Thanks for reading and happy Hamilton real estate investing everyone!
Erwin |Â MrHamilton.ca
PS:Â If you are just starting out investing, start byÂ spending more time with like minded people and take guided tour of Hamilton by joining us for the next Mr. Hamilton Inner Circle by clicking here!!!
PPS:Â If you can not make it in person, join us for our monthly FREE Webinar where we discuss topics and issues related to Hamilton and surrounding area