Hello Everyone Real Estate Investing in Hamilton Ontario!!
I hope you all had a great weekend!! We kicked off the weekend with a jam packed Mr. Hamilton’s Inner Circle Meeting on Saturday morning with some amazing guest speakers!! Hamilton real estate land developer, client, and friend Charles Wah stayed up all Friday night to make sure he delivered the most tactical, actionable lessons and advice he could give from his experience in developing acres of land in Hamilton, Ontario. Charles is developing the land and partnering with a builder to execute the actual building of houses, marketing & sales, etc…
Charles did a lovely job of detailing the approval processes, soft costs, hard costs, risks in land development, financing land acquisition (vendor take back) AND don’t get me wrong, many get rich investing in land, I know some people who have, but this is a full time job for Charles (who is a P. Eng btw) and I can’t afford the negative $6,000/month cash flows of interest only payments that Charles can.
You can reach out to Charles here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our second land developer presentation was Brandon Crombeen from Greybrook Securities who’s company offers a M.O.D.I.F.Y. method for everyday investors to partner in land development and building. M.O.D.I.F.Y. stands for make others do it for you (credit to google for finding me the opposite of DIY) which suits my lifestyle being a busy parent to young kids and entrepreneur/investor.
Below are some of my slides from Saturday containing some important stats on the Hamilton and St. Catharines real estate markets I shared this past Saturday.
- Hamilton is in a sellers’ market as you can see from the limited supply: less than one month’s supply available
- Hamilton’s average freehold, on average is up over $10,000 from August to September. If you own property, you have got to be happy, if you’re on the sidelines waiting to buy, that’s money you left on the table.
- Affordability slides are from RBC’s Affordability reporting: http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/reports/rbc-housing-affordability.html
- St. Catharines is less of a sellers’ market than Hamilton but it’s heating up.
- Average prices are up $10,000 from August to September
- Waiting on the sidelines may prove costly… speak to your coach ASAP about either Hamilton or St. Catharines.
Tim and Jon, this was for you 🙂
Thanks for reading and happy Hamilton real estate investing everyone!
Erwin Szeto | MrHamilton.ca
Sales Representative, Owner of Hamilton Real Estate Investment Property
Rock Star Real Estate Inc., Brokerage
PS: If you are just starting out investing, start by spending more time with like minded people and take guided tour of Hamilton by joining us for the next Mr. Hamilton Inner Circle by clicking here!!!