Hello Real Estate Investors in Hamilton Ontario!!
Good news!Â Last week, Canada Bread company opened its doors in the Red Hill Business Park!! Welcome to Hamilton Canada Bread and the 300 plus jobs that you bring!! Read the article here or keep reading for my summary and analysis:
- 385,000 square foot facility/bakery, the largest of its kind in Canada
- A ONE MILLION dollar investment that will add 1.6 MILLION in tax revenues to the city (now do you see the importance of attracting employers?!?!)
- Hamilton was the detination of choice because of the proximity to transportation corridors (extensive rail; highways: Link, Red Hill, 403, QEW.Â Makes total sense)
- About 130 employees are relocating to Hamilton from Toronto.Â Roughly half of these people will rent, the other half would buy.
- Wages: 45,000 – 60,000 (unionized too).Â Good pay + job security = my kind of tenant!
- And you know what determines real estate values?Â Not location, location, location but rather jobs, jobs, jobs!!! And they are coming!!
The Next Rock Star Inner Circle Member Event is TONIGHT
As many of you know, I am a full time Realtor at Rock Star Real Estate Brokerage, Inc. but before that, I was long time member of the Rock Star Inner Circle.Â Tonight is the quarterly member meeting and it is a great event to network with other investors and to get educated in areas that are very important to us real estate investors such as: Fall Economic Update > global currency wars > how it affects the Bank of Canada (anyone notice the CHEAP fixed mortgage rates, e.g. 3.29%, 5 year fixed??) and us real estate investors.
Special guests and my friends Julie and Dave Peniuk of www.RevNYou.com who
will be teaching us attendees how to grow our portfolios by raising capital in joint venture partnerships!!! I’m so pumped!!Â They’re flying out to Toronto from Vancouver just to share their knowledge with us!Â How awesome is that?!
Enough from me!Â I’ve got to finish some work, hit the gym and make my way to the meeting but stayed tuned for my next posts on how to roll the cost of renovations into the mortgage and an update on LRT.
Till next blog post – happy investing everyone!!
Erwin | MrHamilton.ca
PS: If you would an on-the-ground tour of Hamilton and select investment properties please let me know (email Maria and she’ll set it up: Maria (at) MrHamilton.ca)
PPS: sign up for my newsletter so you donâ€™t miss out out on whatâ€™s going on in Hamilton!!
This is definitely a good article