Hello Real Estate Investors in Hamilton!!
Unfortunately, I will be in Thailand on a beach somewhere when December 11th, the next planned meeting for the Planning Department to present its recommendations to the City Council.Â But I’m doing all I can do to oppose rental licensing and getting the word out!!Â But I will totally be there with you in spirit for all of you attending the meeting.Â If you’ve been living under a rock and this is the first you’ve heard of the rental licensing debate then please take the steps below.
- SIGN THE PETITION ON LINEÂ (Ask your clients, colleagues and tenants to also do so) (http://www.activism.com/en_CA/petition/city-of-hamilton-proposed-rental-licensing-by-law/9850)
- EMAIL YOUR MAYOR ANDÂ ALLÂ WARD COUNCILORS IN OPPOSITION(http://www.hamilton.ca/YourElectedOfficials/WardCouncillors/)
- DISTRIBUTE LETTERS TO YOUR CLIENTS/ TENANTs
- SHOW UP AND SPEAKÂ DEC 11 at CITYÂ HALL
- Call and complain to your WARD COUNCILORÂ Â (like the neighbourhood groups do)
Note that signing the petition is a good start but online petitions it is not enough as stated by this article to build a statue of Lincoln Alexander:
“To succeed, the petitioners must make their presence known in person at City Hall. They have to attend a committee meeting in large enough numbers to show widespread support and engagement.
It’s easy to get people to click ‘like’ or fill out a few fields online. There are many online campaigns, but only a few physical ones.
The physical campaigns demand more attention than online, with hundreds of emails per day, the focus always goes to those that are backed up in person.”
I’ll have spies placed at the city who’ll let me know who didn’t attend 😉
Till next time – Happy Hamilton Investing Everyone!
Erwin |Â MrHamilton.ca
PS: If you are just starting out investing, start by investing in yourself by getting training by Clicking here for FREE Training on “How to Invest in Nice Homes in Nice Areas”
follow me on FB or Twitter