Ornge – Ontario’s air ambulance service will relocate its southern Ontario operations to a hanger at Hamilton International Airport.
For the complete (short) article click here.
The reasons for the move are:
- Toronto Island Airport does not allow for the expansion Ornge is looking for
- Pearson doesn’t not have the helicopter facilities plus the air space is heavily trafficked
- Hamilton’s airport “has the ability to house more than one type of Ornge vehicle (fixed wing, rotor wing and land unit), as well as on-site training facilities,” spokesperson Gannon Loftus said in an email.”
- Kudos to the Hamilton International Airport! Hopefully they continue to attract more long-term tenants
- All the jobs, 60-70, related to the base in Toronto will be relocated to Hamilton. Do you think helicopter pilots, mechanics, engineers, operations staff make good income?!?!
- Why is no one from the Spectator covering this story?